Business litigation involves damages claims by one business against another. The businesses involved can be small or large, and in any industry. We handle many different types of business disputes, including:
- Breach of contract
- Fraud or misrepresentation in business transactions
- Tortious interference with existing contracts or clients
- Tortious interference with future business expectancies
- Covenants not to compete (“non-competes”)
- Director and officer liability to shareholders, including fraud in the management of the business
- Professional negligence
- Trademark or “trade dress” claims against competitors
- Trade secret claims
Contingent Fee Arrangements: If you’re involved in a business dispute, you may think about bringing a lawsuit to assert your claims — you worry about the cost of litigation, knowing there’s no guarantee of a good result. To alleviate your worry, KNDK may consider taking on your lawsuit using a contingent fee or other alternative fee agreement, like a blended or hourly/contingent fee.
Under contingent or alternative fee agreements, we either cover or share with you the costs of the litigation, and our fee (or a substantial part of it) is contingent on the outcome. If we win or settle favorably, we receive us a portion of your recovery; otherwise, we do not.
We assess the lawsuit early and determine the risks and chances of a favorable recovery. In many cases, to us, the risk may be worth the investment of our time, energy and resources. Our experience with Kansas and Missouri business litigation gives us the best chance to maximize your chances at success. We have the expertise to give you the chance to reach a favorable settlement or to win your lawsuit outright. Contact a Kansas City business litigator at KNDK for more information.